In giving you what I know, I hope you will find this article helpful with finding and adopting a puppy that you and your family will love. If you happen to find an American Bulldog mix you want to adopt and raise, please upload a picture and fire your questions away.
American Bulldogs are one of the most popular household pets in the US. However, there are a lot of owners who want to try cross-breeding with other dogs to find a perfect fit of the Bulldogs and their next favorite pet. Here are some of the most intriguing mixes of American Bulldogs:
Table of Contents
- 1 Boxer American Bulldog Mix = American Bullbox
- 2 Husky American Bulldog Mix = American Bullsky
- 3 Corgi American Bulldog Mix = American Bullcorg
- 4 Poodle American Bulldog Mix = American Bulldoodle
- 5 German Shepherd American Bulldog Mix = American Shepherd
- 6 Beagle American Bulldog Mix = American Bugle
- 7 Bull Mastiff American Bulldog Mix = Ammerican Bullstiff
- 8 Labrador American Bulldog Mix = American Labradog
- 9 Chihuahua American Bulldog Mix = American Bullchua
- 10 Great Dane American Bulldog Mix = American Dane
- 11 Chow Chow American Bulldog Mix = American Bullchow
- 12 Border Collie American Bulldog Mix = American Collie
- 13 Australian Shepherd American Bulldog Mix = American Aussie
- 14 Dachshund American Bulldog Mix = American Bulldach
- 15 Pug American Bulldog Mix = American Bullpug
- 16 St. Bernard American Bulldog Mix = American Bernard
- 17 Cane Corso American Bulldog Mix = American Corso
- 18 Shar Pei American Bulldog Mix = American bullpei
- 19 Akita American Bulldog Mix = American Bullkita
- 20 Blue Heeler American Bulldog Mix = American Heeler
- 21 English Bulldog American Bulldog Mix = American English Bulldog
- 22 Golden Retriever American Bulldog Mix = American Golden Bulltriever
- 23 Great Pyrenees American Bulldog Mix = American Pyrenees
- 24 Bernese Mountain Dog American Bulldog Mix = American Bernese
- 25 Pitbull American Bulldog Mix = American Bullpit
- 26 French Bulldog American Bulldog Mix = French American Bulldog
- 27 Catahoula American Bulldog Mix = American Bullhoula
- 28 Shih Tzu American Bulldog Mix = American Bulltzu
- 29 Doberman American Bulldog Mix = American Buldober
- 30 Newfoundland American Bulldog Mix = American Newfoundbulland
- 31 American Bulldog Mix Food Requirements
- 32 References:
Boxer American Bulldog Mix = American Bullbox
- The American Bulldog-Boxer or Bulloxer is a combination of two dog breeds generally used for fighting in their early days. However, breeders have transitioned the two breeds into working dogs.
- Bulloxers are gentle and affectionate hybrid dogs known for their loyalty to their owner and family. However, they reach maturity at a slow pace and may behave like untrained puppies for years.
- The Bulloxers, which are also called the American Boxerbulls, can live for about nine to twelve years or even longer.
- Bulloxers are large and muscular dogs. Their coats come in three colors, which are brindle, fawn, and white.
Husky American Bulldog Mix = American Bullsky
- The Siberian Husky American Bulldog mix, or Husky Bulldog for short, is going to shed a lot. So you need to have a vacuum cleaner handy and brush it for a few days a week.
- American Bullsky is a very active dog because of the Siberian Husky’s high energy level. Keep it on a daily exercise routine that can satisfy its cravings for a physical challenge.
- The combination of two strong-headed breeds can make for a hybrid dog that is hard to handle. However, the Husky Bulldog responds well to positive reinforcement.
- The American Bullsky may be prone to hip dysplasia, cherry eye, and cardiac diseases. It is also unadvisable to let the Bullsky live in a hot environment.
Corgi American Bulldog Mix = American Bullcorg
- There is not much information available for the American Bullcorg but its parent breeds, the American Bulldog and Corgi, have a lot of helpful data for willing owners to research on.
- The Corgi American Bulldog mix is a sweet companion for families, based on the temperament of the two parent breeds.
- The Corgi mixed with American Bulldog will have a high energy level, which means that owners need to take them on long walks or hikes until they tire out.
- The American Bulldog and Corgi are both moderate shedders, which should tell you about the amount of shedding an American Bullcorg will have.
Poodle American Bulldog Mix = American Bulldoodle
- The Bulldog Poodle mix may give a breeder puppies of various sizes depending on the genes of the parents. It may go from standard, which leans to the Bulldog side, or the toy size, which is from the Poodle gene.
- The American Boodle may have short to medium length coat with a wavy texture. Because of its Poodle genes, the hybrid dog may require constant grooming and brushing.
- American Bulldoodle need training and socialization as a puppy. They often get attached to their owners and may feel separation anxiety when left alone for a long period of time.
- Find an American Boodle breeder who subjected their dogs to testing for genetic disorders. Owners must be aware of the puppy’s DNA testing and physical veterinary exams before making a purchase.
German Shepherd American Bulldog Mix = American Shepherd
- The American Shepherd is a hybrid of two large breeds, so expect your dog to weigh up to 85 pounds and to have sturdy legs.
- The American Bulldog Shepherd serves as good watchdogs or guards, because of the German Shepherd’s intelligence and American Bulldog’s strength and endurance.
- Bulldog Shepherd puppies are hard to find because only the Dog Registry of America recognizes this hybrid-dog.
- The American Shepherd can shed a lot because of the German shepherd’s double coat genes. You will need a brush that can comb through thick and long hair for its weekly grooming.
Beagle American Bulldog Mix = American Bugle
- The American Bugle or Beabull needs basic and socialization training at an early age. When untrained, the dog loves to play biting games, which might feel unsafe for owners and their families.
- The American Bulldog Beagle sheds heavily, but its short coat makes it easy for owners to groom.
- Despite constant problems with ear infections, the Beabull is a hybrid breed with a healthy immune system and can live up to ten to thirteen years.
- The American Bugle weighs about thirty to sixty pounds and reaches the height of approximately twelve to sixteen inches.
Bull Mastiff American Bulldog Mix = Ammerican Bullstiff
- American Bullstiffs require moderate exercise. If left alone and not given enough training, they can be lazy. Forty-five minutes of exercise will keep the hybrid dog very happy.
- The American Bulldog and Bull Mastiff mix also go by the name of American Bandogge Mastiff, which includes any bulldog and mastiff combination.
- The American Mastiff may develop genetic health issues common to American Pit Bull Terriers and any Mastiff-type breeds, and it will help to research the common illnesses those types of breeds can catch.
- The American Badogge Mastiff has a British canine temperament, which makes it a good companion for children, often being a self-appointed babysitter.
Labrador American Bulldog Mix = American Labradog
- The American Labradog is an increasingly popular hybrid dog. You can buy one from a reputable breeder who is aware of the parent dogs’ genetic lines and inherited health conditions.
- Labradogs, or American Bulladors, have low maintenance coats that require brushing once every week. If the dog is leaning to the Labrador side, more grooming is needed. Coat colors vary from black, brown, white, yellow, red, or tan.
- American Bulldog and Labrador mix, who also goes by the name American Labrabull, can suffer from the brachycephalic syndrome, which will give your dog breathing troubles, gagging, or collapse.
- American Bulladors are eager to please and ready to learn, which makes it quite easy to train them at an early age.
Chihuahua American Bulldog Mix = American Bullchua
- The American Bullchua is a medium-sized dog with the sassy personality of a Chihuahua and stubbornness of an American Bulldog, which makes it hard to train.
- The American Bulldog and Chihuahua mix, which also goes by the name of American Bullhuahua, is prone to dental issues. It is essential to keep its diet to grain-free kibble that can sustain its nutritional requirement.
- The American Bulleenie boasts a thin coat that will need weekly brushing and bathing. While its thin jacket is short and soft, it can shed occasionally.
- The American Bulleenie is a highly sociable dog. It loves spending time with its owners. It remains cautious around strangers because of its Chihuahua genes.
Great Dane American Bulldog Mix = American Dane
- The American Bull Dane, or American Dane, is an extremely popular crossbreed in the United States. It engages in hunting activities, police watches, and military work.
- American Bull Danes are gentle giants that resemble the Great Dane size more than the American Bulldog. Its height ranges from twenty-seven to thirty-five inches, while its weight strolls around 100 to 200 pounds.
- The American Bulldog crossed with Great Dane requires daily brushing to reduce dead hairs. It needs high-maintenance grooming from its nails, ears, and teeth.
- Due to its size, the American Dane requires constant training to maintain a healthy lifestyle. However, its low energy level limits its exercise to two to three walks per day.
Chow Chow American Bulldog Mix = American Bullchow
- The American Bullchow is an aloof and smart breed with the personality of its parent breeds, the American Bulldog and the Chow Chow.
- The American Chow Bulldog cannot handle extreme weather because of its dense coat.
- The Chow American Bulldog mix is fierce and protective of its family. However, its low energy level makes it hard to train.
- The American Chow Bulldog require fifteen to thirty minutes of daily exercise to maintain a healthy lifestyle.
Border Collie American Bulldog Mix = American Collie
- The American Collie is a combination of two lovable dogs in Border Collie and American Bulldog, which makes for a promising family pet.
- There are not a lot of information about the history of the Border Collie Bulldog mix, but there is a lot of data available regarding its parents to help potential owners learn more about the American Collie.
- The Border Collie is known for its intense “stare,” which is perfect for gathering and controlling sheep in the hilly border country near England, which is where the Border Collie comes from.
- The American Bulldog crossed with Border Collie can prove to be a handful regarding grooming because of their constant shedding.
Australian Shepherd American Bulldog Mix = American Aussie
- The American Aussie is a mix of the medium-sized American Bulldog and the large Australian Shepherd.
- The average size of an American Bull-Aussie is around nineteen to twenty-five inches and can weigh up to 70 to 120 pounds.
- The Australian Shepherd mixed with American Bulldog breed is relatively new, which makes information scarce. The parents’ breeds offer information and history that might be helpful for those who want a mix of both.
- The American Bull-Aussie is intelligent and easy to train because of its parents’ traits as working dogs.
Dachshund American Bulldog Mix = American Bulldach
- The American Bulldach is a combination of the American Bulldog and the Dachshund.
- The Dachshund Bulldog has a lifespan of eight to seventeen years if properly trained and treated.
- The Bulldog Dachsund mix makes for an interesting combination of the usually laid-back American Bulldog and the stubborn Dachshund.
- This is a rare and undocumented breed. If you want more information about the American Bulldach, you can research on the parent breeds’ respective histories.
Pug American Bulldog Mix = American Bullpug
- The American Bullpug, a Pug, crossed with an American Bulldog, can weigh up to thirty to forty pounds with a height between twelve to fourteen inches, which makes Miniature Bulldog another fitting name for it.
- The American Pugabull’s skin is sensitive and can become itchy or irritable. Because of its excess skin, the Mini-Bulldog is also prone to fainting due to heat.
- Unlike most dogs, the Mini-Bulldog does not require too much exercise. Playing with it will suffice.
- The Mini-Bulldog is an excellent pet for all ages. The children will enjoy its playful nature while the elderly will find its quiet companionship comfortable. The American Bullpug also does not crave much attention compared to other breeds.
St. Bernard American Bulldog Mix = American Bernard
- There is not a lot of information available for the Saint Bernard Bulldog. It may be helpful to check the histories of both parents to get more knowledge about the American Bernard.
- Both Saint Bernard and the American Bulldog are examples of alpha dogs. Owners must establish themselves as the pack leader to make the exercises easy.
- When Saint Bernard is crossed with the American Bulldog, the size of the hybrid dog will adopt the size of the large breed.
- The American Bernard is prone to hip and elbow dysplasia, which makes fish oil, glucosamine, and chondroitin supplements a diet to maintain its health.
Cane Corso American Bulldog Mix = American Corso
- The American Corso is an intriguing mix of the aggressive American Bulldog and the athletic Cane Corso.
- The Cane Corso American Bulldog mix is a rare hybrid dog, which means its history is still unavailable. However, the parents’ history is available for research.
- The Cane Corso’s vigorous temperament and the American Bulldog’s stubbornness can make exercising difficult.
- Both parent breeds have a history of being protective family pets. If Cane Corso mixed with American Bulldog puppies can get proper training, they can make for beautiful guard dogs for your home and your children.
Shar Pei American Bulldog Mix = American bullpei
- The American Bull-Pei is a combination of the American Bulldog and the Shar-Pei, an ancient Chinese breed.
- The Shar-Pei American Bulldog mix is about twelve to twenty inches in height and an approximate of forty to sixty-five pounds.
- The American Bulldog crossed with Shar Pei you want to get must come from a reputable breeder who will offer a guarantee that the puppy is healthy.
- Both parents have a rich history, which makes it easier for owners to research if they want the Shar-Pei American Bulldog mix.
Akita American Bulldog Mix = American Bullkita
- American Bullkitas inherit the qualities of their loyal Akita parent and their friendly American Bulldog parent.
- The American Bulldog Akita mix can live up to nine to eleven years.
- Akita mixed with American Bulldog puppies have short, thick, and dense coats, which can account for the Bullkita’s wide range of colors.
- Bullkitas are known to be assertive yet sensitive animals that are attuned to their environment, which makes for an excellent trait for watchdogs.
Blue Heeler American Bulldog Mix = American Heeler
- The American Heeler is a combination of the American Bulldog and the Blue Heeler, an excellent service dog.
- The Blue Heeler Bulldog mix is a vigilant and hardworking hybrid dog which require lots of exercises. It also needs to socialize with other dogs at an early age to avoid being shy and fearful.
- The Blue Heeler mixed with American Bulldog can live from eight to fifteen years.
- The American Heeler can develop health issues that are common from both parent breeds. Owners must buy puppies from a breeder who knows the history of both parents.
English Bulldog American Bulldog Mix = American English Bulldog
- The American English Bulldog is a headstrong yet loving and affectionate hybrid dog that has a lifespan of twelve to sixteen years.
- The American Bulldog and English bulldog mix also go by the name EngAm Bulldog, Olde Bulldog, and Olde American Bulldog.
- The Olde Bulldog is a large dog that has low to moderate amount of shedding. It needs brushing at least twice a week to keep its coat healthy and free from dirt.
- It is vital for the Olde Bulldog to get constant amounts of exercise at a young age. Otherwise, it tends to become lazy and may enjoy long periods of naps.
Golden Retriever American Bulldog Mix = American Golden Bulltriever
- The American Golden Bulltriever is a mix of American Bulldog and Golden Retriever, two of the most popular household dogs in the United States.
- The Bulldog Retriever is known for its sweet personality and good looks, which contribute to its appealing temperament aside despite the American Bulldog’s fighting origins.
- Many Golden Bulldogs have wrinkly skin on their face and body, which resembles the American Bulldog’s side. But the height and weight of the hybrid dog often come from the Golden Retriever.
- Both parent breeds have loving and faithful personalities, which make it very easy to train and to adapt to prominent families with children.
Great Pyrenees American Bulldog Mix = American Pyrenees
- The American Pyrenees is a combination of the American Bulldog and the Great Pyrenees.
- There are limited publications about the American Bulldog Great Pyrenees mix. Owners can research the parent breeds’ history to learn more about them.
- The Great Pyrenees mixed with American Bulldog make for a promising dog with large and muscular features. Both parents are known for their powerful protector instincts.
- The American Bulldog and Great Pyrenees mix is perfect for search-and-rescue teams or police watches.
Bernese Mountain Dog American Bulldog Mix = American Bernese
- American Mountain Bulldog is a large to giant crossbreed. Its massive frame resembles that of a Bernese Mountain Dog’s height with an American Bulldog’s muscular physique.
- Despite its powerful stature, the American Bernese is a tender and friendly dog that devotes their life to their human pack.
- The Bernese Mountain Dog crossed with American Bulldog is very sensitive. It does not like getting scolded and does not respond well to physical harm. Training an American Bernese requires patience and understanding.
- The Moutain Bulldog needs about four to five cups of high-quality dog food a day to keep up with its active lifestyle and high energy level.
Pitbull American Bulldog Mix = American Bullpit
- The appearance and aggression of an American Bullpit can be intimidating for some owners, but it is incredibly loyal and intelligent, which makes it easy to train.
- Teaching an American Bullypit requires the proper knowledge of raising the energetic breeds of both parents to make sure that the behavior emerging from the training is appropriate. It may become too oppressive and might need to be away from children and other pets.
- The popularity of Pitbull Bulldog mix in the 1990s was because of their aggression and how they treat other dogs in crowded animal shelters, making it a controversial crossbreed.
- The eyes, ears, and teeth of a Bullpit require constant checking for infections. However, it is a low maintenance dog when it comes to grooming.
French Bulldog American Bulldog Mix = French American Bulldog
- The French American Bulldog is not a very common crossbreed, which means it is hard to find a pup of its kind. Pet dog classified ads, local breeder networks, and online dog forums are ways to help an owner find American Bulldog and French Bulldog puppies.
- The French Bulldog and American Bulldog both have a complicated past. The French were driven out of England by the Industrial Revolution, while the American Bulldog was used for violent sports like bull-baiting.
- American Bulldog and French Bulldog puppies enjoy playtime with other dogs at the park. At an early age, they can run a speed similar to a human in a bicycle to fit their exercise needs.
- In its adult age, the American French Bulldog requires two cups of dry dog food on a daily basis, which amounts to $35 to $45 per month.
Catahoula American Bulldog Mix = American Bullhoula
- The American Bullhoula is meant originally for hunting. The Catahoula’s intelligence and work ethic and the American Bulldog’s aggression and muscular physique make for amazing attributes hunters want their dogs to have.
- The Catahoula Bulldog is attentive to details. It is a perfect family pet and can get along with kids and other animals when appropriately trained.
- The Catahoula crossed with American Bulldog have tight skin with short, glossy coats.
- The Catahoula Bulldog is prone to suffering from dry nose, which can be irritable for your dog and may indicate more serious health issues.
Shih Tzu American Bulldog Mix = American Bulltzu
- The American Bulltzu is a combination of the American Bulldog and the adorable Shih Tzu. It is considered a toy dog because of its miniature size.
- The Bulldog Shih Tzu requires daily exercise that needs running like a game of fetch. The hybrid dog is known to over-eat, which makes it essential to exercise with the Bulldog Shih Tzu on a regular basis.
- The Shih Tzu Bulldog has medium hair that is easy to maintain. Brush its coat three times a week to keep it shiny and free of tangles.
- The Shih Tzu crossed with American Bulldog is a short-nosed dog, which makes it prone to breathing difficulties.
Doberman American Bulldog Mix = American Buldober
- The American Buldober is a mix of the American Bulldog and the Doberman, two breeds that are excellent family pets and activity partners.
- The Doberman Bulldog weighs at an average of forty to ninety pounds. It can grow to about fourteen to twenty-eight inches, making it a gigantic dog.
- There is not a lot of information available for the Doberman crossed with American Bulldog, but both parent breeds have outstanding canine histories.
- The Doberman and the American Bulldog are active dogs, which means their offspring might need a lot of exercises to maintain its health.
Newfoundland American Bulldog Mix = American Newfoundbulland
- The American Newfoundbulland is a combination of the bulky American Bulldog and the large Newfoundland.
- Unfortunately, the American Newfoundland is an obscure breed with little-documented information. Owners can look into the parent breeds to learn more about it.
- The Newfoundland is a capable and hardworking dog that can work on land and water. It is a great swimmer.
- American Bulldog Newfoundland puppies are hard to find but owners must talk to a reputable breeder and a veterinarian before crossing the two different parent breeds.
American Bulldog Mix Food Requirements
Obesity is a health risk so make sure you stay away from worst dry dog food as the pooch can easily gain weight from eating it. Although dangerous, obesity is not a problem you and your dog can’t overcome. Nutrient boosters like Nutra Thrive dog food supplement make sure your American Bulldog mix gets all the vitamins and minerals they need.
Kibble that offers the right protein-to-fat ratio is always the way to go and best dry dog food promises to give your pooch the right amount of both.
Caring for puppies means paying extra attention to their diet. Check out this list of best puppy food brands if you adopted an American Bulldog cross pup only recently.
Feeding older dogs is a whole other story—older ladies and gentlemen require a different amount of nutrients so choosing among best senior dry dog food will help them keep their bones and muscles resilient and lean for longer.
American Bulldog mixes come in a variety of sizes. Keep in mind that choosing between the right best dry dog food for small dogs or best large breed dry dog food can have a significant impact on your dog’s health.
- Pumphrey, Stephanie A., et al. “Glaucoma Associated with Uveal Cysts and Goniodysgenesis in American Bulldogs: a Case Series.” Veterinary Ophthalmology, vol. 16, no. 5, 30 Oct. 2012, pp. 377–385., doi:10.1111/vop.12000.
- Fishman, Abe. American Bulldog. Perseus Distribution Services, 2016.