Exclusive Dog Food: An In-Depth Review
Table of Contents
- 1 Exclusive Dog Food: An In-Depth Review
- 2 Before Buying a Dog Food, Consider These Points
- 3 Exclusive Dog Food: An In-Depth Review
- 4 Benefits of Exclusive Dog Food
- 5 What People Are Saying About Exclusive Dog Food
- 6 Alternatives to Exclusive Dog Food
Before Buying a Dog Food, Consider These Points
IngredientsYou want the ingredients that go into your dog food to be as high-quality as possible. Make sure that whatever dog food you are considering, meat is the first ingredient. It is important that if whole meat is listed as the first ingredient, meat meal is listed next. Meat meal is considered a meat concentrate and, as such, is much higher in protein than a whole-meat product. Keep an eye out for ingredients that may be considered fillers, such as corn, wheat, or soy. That said, keep in mind that some of these ingredients also have plenty of nutritional merit for your dog (and end up making the food much more affordable). Unless your dog has an allergy to one of these ingredients, you may not find it worthwhile spending more to avoid them.
PriceIf you are choosing a company that you hope to stick with throughout your dog’s life, consider the price of their formulas. You want the best for your dog, but if you spend all of your pet budget on food, you can’t supply your dog with the treats, toys, and other things they might want or need. Choose the best food that you can afford but be careful not to commit to spending more than you are able to in the long-term.
Formulas for all life stagesYou don’t want to have to switch companies suddenly when your dog develops a weight problem or gets older. Choose a dog food company that produces formulas perfect for various times of your dog’s life – from puppyhood to adulthood and into the older years. You should see significant variation between these formulas, accounting for different levels of fat, protein, and fiber depending on specific needs.
Exclusive Dog Food: An In-Depth Review
- Premium nutrition dog food for a normally active dog, at any life stage
- Support a healthy body composition with a 22:12 protein to fat ratio formula
- Formulated without beef, pork, corn, wheat, soy, fillers, artificial colors and artificial preservatives
- Affordable high-quality dog food
- Chicken or lamb is the first ingredient for every food, followed by chicken meal or lamb meal
- Recipes for every stage of your dog’s life, for large or small breeds
- Some recipes, such as the 30/20, rely on corn gluten meal and ground whole corn: not generally considered highly digestible grains for dogs (often considered “fillers”)
- Only one option provides something other than chicken as the primary protein source
- No grain-free options
Benefits of Exclusive Dog Food
Formulas for every dogWhether you have an active adult dog who needs plenty of fuel to get them through their activity all day, your older dog is starting to slow down, or you’re starting out with a new puppy, Exclusive Dog Food makes food that is perfect for your pet’s needs. Here are some of the formulas they offer for different types of dogs.
PuppiesWhether your puppy is destined to grow large or stay small, they need perfectly balanced nutrition. Chicken is the first ingredient in both the large- and small-breed puppy recipes. This high-quality source of protein encourages total health in your puppy, including lean muscles and a strong immune system. The first ingredient is whole chicken, followed by chicken meal. This provides a great balance of whole animal protein for vitamins and minerals, and meal for sheer protein content. Natural sources of glucosamine and chondroitin provide the building blocks needed to make strong joints. Joint issues can be a problem for both large and small breeds. Large dogs are prone to hip and elbow dysplasia, while smaller dogs often fall victim to luxating patellas. All of these negative conditions can be delayed or even prevented with proper nutrition, including plenty of glucosamine and chondroitin. Puppy foods are enhanced with DHA, which is an omega 2 fatty acid that supports the healthy development of your puppy’s brain and vision. Plenty of calcium and phosphorus build strong bones and teeth. The regular puppy diet provides crude protein of 29% while the Large Breed Puppy Diet provides crude protein of 27%. It also keeps fat content noticeably lower, at 14% instead of 18%. This is to prevent growth spurts which can be damaging to large-breed dogs as they grow.
Adult dogs with normal energy needsYour adult dog needs enough protein to give them plenty of energy. The Performance 30/20 diet provides a substantial 30% protein and 20% fat. Protein from chicken and chicken meal offers plenty of glucosamine and chondroitin while whole grain brown rice offers carbs to provide ongoing energy. This recipe also has flaxseed meal and fish meal, providing lots of vitamin A and Omega 3 and 6 fatty acids to give your dog a shiny coat. The substantial fat content and balanced carbohydrates provide energy right away and helps your dog maintain energy throughout the day. Is your healthy adult dog more of a couch potato than an exercise buff? The Exclusive Adult Dog Chicken and Brown Rice Formula provides 26% protein and only 16% fat, so your dog has everything they need to build strong muscles and have enough energy for their day without gaining weight. This recipe also includes glucosamine and chondroitin for healthy joints. Want something other than chicken as the first ingredient for your dog? The exclusive Lamb and Brown Rice formula has whole lamb and lamb meal as its first ingredients, followed by highly digestible grains like whole grain brown rice, pearled barley, and oatmeal. If you want a lower-fat diet for your dog, this is a good choice. Only 12% fat compared to 22.5% protein means that this diet will enable your dog to develop strong, lean muscles, not fat. If you are looking for another lower-fat option, the Exclusive Large Breed Adult Dog Chicken and Brown Rice formula only has 13% fat with 25% protein. This diet is designed to fuel your large dog’s energy needs without taking any chances of them gaining even an ounce over their ideal weight. It is extremely important to keep large-breed dogs at a lean weight throughout their lives in order to prevent problems in the joints, heart, and other issues. This food is formulated with lots of natural sources of glucosamine and chondroitin to support your large-breed dog’s joint health and plenty of natural fiber to keep your dog’s digestive system in peak condition and to make your large dog feel fuller. Four percent of crude fiber is higher than the standard 3% in other recipes.
Senior dogsAs your dog gets older, their needs begin to change. Older dogs slow down and are more prone to gaining weight. This is when issues from joints and heart begin to come out. You may notice your older dog gets up more slowly or struggles on slippery floors. You need a senior diet with plenty of glucosamine and chondroitin to support your older dog’s joints. The Exclusive Senior Recipe has 600 mg of glucosamine and 100 mg of chondroitin to give your older dog the best nutrition for their joints. The 25% of protein encourages the building of lean muscles that support joint health, while only 11% of fat keeps your older dog from putting on the pounds. Three percent of fiber is enough to keep everything moving in your older dog’s digestive system but not so much that your peckish older dog will struggle to consume enough nutrition.
Weight ControlIt is amazing how quickly dogs can pack on the pounds. If you’re like me, you may not even have noticed that your pup was getting a bit chunky until you take them for their yearly vet visit. There is no mistaking the condescending look from the vet as they deliver the information that my dog is “over-conditioned,” which is the vet’s nice way of saying my dog is fat. A weight-control diet is essential to help your dog get back to a healthy weight without feeling that they’re being starved. A very low-fat content in the weight-control diet of 9-11% with sufficient protein at 26% will allow your dog to feel full and get all the energy they need while safely shedding pounds.
AffordableExclusive Dog Food isn’t cheap, but it is more reasonably priced than many other high-quality foods that offer similar ingredients. If you want a company that you can stay with from your dog’s puppyhood all the way into their golden years, you need a formula that you can afford to pay for, year in and year out. Exclusive Dog Food offers your dog everything they need to be healthy while leaving you with some money to buy treats and toys.
Quality ingredientsEach one of these recipes is made up of high-quality ingredients. In all cases, whole chicken or lamb is the first ingredient, followed by chicken or lamb meal. Chicken fat is generally high up on the ingredient list. While chicken fat may not seem very healthy, it is high in linoleic acid, an important omega-6 fatty acid, so chicken fat is a great ingredient to have in your dog food. High-quality carbohydrate sources such as brown rice, barley, brewers rice, and oatmeal all provide excellent sources of energy that are highly digestible. Flaxseed is a great source of protein, soluble fiber, and omega-3 fatty acids. Most recipes also have a fish meal, which is good for your dog’s skin and coat as well as being a great source of meat protein.
What People Are Saying About Exclusive Dog FoodI searched the web to see what people thought of the Exclusive Dog Food that they purchased. Reviewers are happy with the price point on this food, and generally very happy with the product as well. Many users were happy that they could either order this product online or buy it at their local feed store.
Alternatives to Exclusive Dog Food
Instinct Be Natural Dog Food
- LOOKING FOR PRAIRIE BY NATURE'S VARIETY?: Prairie has a new look and is now called Instinct Be Natural - but it's the same great recipe!
- NATURAL DOG FOOD WITH CAGE FREE CHICKEN: Instinct Be Natural Real Chicken & Brown Rice dry dog food is made with responsibly sourced animal protein as the #1 and #2 ingredients, plus whole grains,...
- DRY DOG FOOD WITH NO FILLERS: Be Natural is made with animal protein and wholesome grains - no chicken or poultry by-product meal, corn, wheat, soy, brewer's rice, artificial colors or preservatives -...
- No so-called fillers from corn or Brewers rice such as in Exclusive Dog Food
- More expensive than Exclusive
- Source of meat protein is from cage-free chicken
Blue Buffalo Wilderness Dog Food
- PACKED WITH REAL CHICKEN: A recipe made to satisfy your dog’s natural love for meat, this high protein dog food features real chicken to help your senior dog maintain lean muscle mass.
- GRAIN FREE SENIOR DOG FOOD: BLUE Wilderness grain free senior dog food is formulated with ingredients to help support your senior dog’s joint health and optimal weight. Plus, it contains omega 3 & 6...
- WITH LIFESOURCE BITS: This formula contains BLUE’s exclusive LifeSource Bits – a precise blend of antioxidants, vitamins and minerals carefully selected by holistic veterinarians and animal...
- Grain-free, relying on pea products instead of grain
- Free of corn, wheat, or soy
- More expensive than Exclusive
Nutro Wholesome Essentials Dog Food
- Contains one (1) 28 lb. bag of NUTRO WHOLESOME ESSENTIALS Natural Adult Dry Dog Food Beef & Brown Rice Recipe With Ancient Grains; Natural Dog Food Plus Vitamins, Minerals and Other Nutrients
- Beef Is The First Ingredient For High-Quality Protein In Every Bite
- Contains Essential Antioxidants For Healthy Immunity And Omega-3 And -6 Fatty Acids To Promote Healthy Skin And A Shiny Coat
- Beef, rather than chicken, is the first ingredient
- Free of corn, wheat, or soy
- Brewers rice and rice bran are considered fillers by some people and these are very high on the ingredient list
ConclusionExclusive Dog Food is a wonderful choice for the caring family on a budget. If you have more than one dog to feed or your dog is of significant size, you will likely be satisfied with the high-quality ingredients and recipes provided by Exclusive Dog Food. Further, you don’t need to feel concerned about potential issues regarding fillers or sources of ingredients. This is one of the best foods that you will find at this price point. Whether you have a large or small puppy, adult dog, or senior, you’ll find a wonderful formula for their needs. Check out Exclusive Dog Foods
Last Updated on