Table of Contents
- 1 Boxer x Rottweiler Mix = Boxrott
- 2 Husky x Rottweiler Mix = Rottsky
- 3 Corgi x Rottweiler Mix = Rottgi
- 4 Poodle x Rottweiler Mix = Rottoodle
- 5 German Shepherd x Rottweiler Mix = German Rottie
- 6 Beagle x Rottweiler Mix = Beagweiler
- 7 Bull Mastiff x Rottweiler Mix = Mastweiler
- 8 Labrador x Rottweiler Mix = Labrottie
- 9 Chihuahua x Rottweiler Mix = Rotthua
- 10 Great Dane x Rottweiler Mix =Greatrott
- 11 Chow Chow x Rottweiler Mix =Chowweiler
- 12 Border Collie x Rottweiler Mix =Rottcollie
- 13 Australian Shepherd x Rottweiler Mix = Aussierottie
- 14 Hound x Rottweiler Mix = Rotthound
- 15 Dachshund x Rottweiler Mix = Rotthund
- 16 Pug x Rottweiler Mix = Pugweiler
- 17 Cocker Spaniel x Rottweiler Mix = Cockweiler
- 18 St. Bernard x Rottweiler Mix = Bernweiler
- 19 American Bulldog x Rottweiler Mix = Bullweiler
- 20 Cane Corso x Rottweiler Mix = Rottcorso
- 21 Shar Pei x Rottweiler Mix = Peiweiler
- 22 Akita x Rottweiler Mix = Rottita
- 23 Blue Heeler x Rottweiler Mix = Blueweiler
- 24 English Bulldog x Rottweiler Mix = Englishweiler
- 25 Dalmatian x Rottweiler Mix = Rottmation
- 26 Golden Retriever x Rottweiler Mix = Golden Rottie
- 27 Great Pyrenees x Rottweiler Mix = Greatweiler
- 28 Rhodesian Ridgeback x Rottweiler Mix =Rottweiler
- 29 Bernese Mountain Dog x Rottweiler Mix = Berneseweiler
- 30 Pitbull x Rottweiler Mix = Pitweiler
- 31 French Bulldog x Rottweiler Mix = French Bullweiler
- 32 Catahoula x Rottweiler Mix = Rotthoula
- 33 Shih Tzu x Rottweiler Mix = Shihweiler
- 34 Doberman x Rottweiler Mix = Rottman
- 35 Newfoundland x Rottweiler Mix = New Rottland
- 36 Rottweiler Mix Food Requirements
- 37 References:
Boxer x Rottweiler Mix = Boxrott
- The Boxer Rottweiler Mix is a large, muscular dog with a strong built and can weigh up to 80 pounds.
- With a large square head and a life span that reaches up to 13 years, the Rottweiler Boxer Mix is a happy, active dog that is loyal and intelligent at the same time.
- The Boxweiler is a moderate shredder and requires brushing 2-3 times a week.
- It is important to constantly monitor the weight of this dog so that it will not gain a lot of pounds.
Husky x Rottweiler Mix = Rottsky
- The Husky Rottweiler Mix is a unique cross between the athletic and active Siberian Husky and the healthy and equally active Rottweiler.
- The Husky Rottweiler Mix is a large and powerful dog as it is a cross between two active parent breeds.
- The Rottweiler Husky breed can live up to 13 years.
- The Rottsky would have a height of up to 25 inches and would weigh up to 75 pounds.
- The major health concerns of the Husky Rottweiler Mix include hip dysplasia, parvovirus, cataract, and glaucoma.
Corgi x Rottweiler Mix = Rottgi
- The Corgi Rottweiler Mix is a popular mixed breed because both parent breeds are really popular.
- The Rottgi can grow up to 27 inches tall and can weigh up to 135 pounds.
- The Rottweiler Corgi Mix may have a variety of coat colors including sable, fawn, tan, black, and red.
- The Corgi Rottweiler Mix needs a regular checkup with the veterinarian because it is prone to developing joint and back pain.
- You should get your Rottweiler Corgi Mix from a reputable breeder who has full knowledge about parent breeds in order to guarantee safety from diseases.
Poodle x Rottweiler Mix = Rottoodle
- The Poodle Rottweiler Mix is a cross between the extremely happy and energetic Poodle and the strong and powerful Rottweiler.
- They have strong stamina and needs to be trained so that they will not end up playing roughly among smaller children.
- The Rottweiler Poodle Mix can live up to 15 years, up to 120 lbs in weight, and up to 25 inches in height.
- Take your Rottweiler Poodle Mix to the doctor so that you could protect it against degenerative myelopathy and von Willebrand Disease
German Shepherd x Rottweiler Mix = German Rottie
- The German Shepherd Rottweiler Mix has a temperament that can be aggressive based on the German Shepherd parent, and it is protective of what it owns just like its Rottweiler parent.
- The German Shepherd and the Rottweiler parents are highly intelligent breeds, but you have to start training the puppies of the German Shepherd Rottweiler mix for socialization.
- This dog can grow up to 115 pounds in weight and 27 inches at the shoulder.
- However, you should ensure the health of your German Shepherd Rottweiler mix because its German Shepherd parent is prone to separation anxiety attacks.
Beagle x Rottweiler Mix = Beagweiler
- The Beagle Rottweiler Mix is also called Beagweiler or Reagle.
- The Rottweiler Beagle Mix is a medium-sized dog with a stout build, a long snout, and a long tail.
- The Beagle Rottweiler Mix is a companion dog that has a glossy, soft coat and a variety of colors that include red, brown, tan, white, and black.
- The Rottweiler Beagle Mix can live up to 15 years and can weigh up to 85 pounds.
- Although the Beagle Rottweiler Mix is loyal and loving, you should take care not to let it near very young children or the dog might get them injured.
Bull Mastiff x Rottweiler Mix = Mastweiler
- The Bull Mastiff Rottweiler Mix is a large dog that can grow up to 27 inches and can weigh up to 135 pounds.
- The Rottweiler Bull Mastiff Mix will have the same health concerns as its parent breeds and can suffer from hip and elbow dysplasia, heart disease, cancer, wet eczema, and many more.
- This is a relatively clean dog, so it needs only occasional bathing and brushing.
- The Bull Mastiff Rottweiler can become lazy because of its Mastiff DNA, so you should get it to exercise daily.
- The Bull Mastiff Rottweiler Mix can live up to 10 years.
Labrador x Rottweiler Mix = Labrottie
- The Labrador Rottweiler Mix is a unique cross between the farmer-friendly Rottweiler and the equally hardworking and friendly Labrador.
- The Labrador Rottweiler Mix has a short coat that can be easily groomed and should be brushed not more than once a week.
- The Rottweiler Labrador mix is friendly to its owner but may have a very distrusting attitude toward strangers because of its Rottweiler DNA.
- The Rottweiler Labrador mix has a tendency to be aggressive, and so you should train it before you let it near very young children.
Chihuahua x Rottweiler Mix = Rotthua
- The Rottweiler Chihuahua Mix is an interesting cross between the strong, long-lived Chihuahua and the large and powerful Rottweiler.
- There is only a little information online about the Chihuahua Rottweiler Mix. Thus, it would be wise to look more closely into the qualities of the parent breeds.
- The Chihuahua Rottweiler is a strong and muscular dog because of its Rottweiler parent, and it is also aggressive and long-lived because of its Chihuahua DNA.
- Just make sure not to let the Chihuahua Rottweiler Mix near other dogs, or it might get annoyed and might chase them. This is because of the naturally aggressive Chihuahua parent breed.
Great Dane x Rottweiler Mix =Greatrott
- The Great Dane Rottweiler Mix is a large dog because of its large and tall Great Dane parent and its strong and muscular Rottweiler parent.
- The Rottweiler Great Dane mix can grow up to 165 pounds and can stand up to 33 inches.
- This large, very intimidating dog has short, dense hair and may have colorings and markings on its coat due to its Rottweiler DNA.
- The Rottweiler Great Dane mix breed may be territorial and fiercely loyal just like its Rottweiler parent, but, with proper training, you can make it as gentle as its Great Dane parent.
Chow Chow x Rottweiler Mix =Chowweiler
- The Chow Chow Rottweiler Mix is also called Chowweiler, Chow-Rottie, Rotten Chow, and Rottie-Chow.
- This breed is recognized by the Dog Registry of America Inc., or DRA.
- The Rottweiler Chow Chow Mix is a rare cross. This means that there is only a little information about this dog. One should, therefore, look more closely into the qualities and characteristics of the parent breeds.
- The Rottweiler Chow Chow Mix is prone to the diseases of both parents, so you should take it to the vet regularly. Its Chow Chow DNA will bring it eyelid diseases, and its Rottweiler DNA might give it hip dysplasia.
- Always train your Chow Chow Rottweiler Mix so that it can socialize with strangers and make friends easily.
Border Collie x Rottweiler Mix =Rottcollie
- The Border Collie Rottweiler mix breed is a cross between the large, strong and aggressive Rottweiler and the high-stamina Border Collie dog.
- The Border Collier Rottweiler mix is a smart dog because of its Border Collie DNA, but it is unusually large and muscular because of its Rottweiler parent.
- The Border Collie Rottweiler can grow up to 135 pounds although it stays around 30 pounds.
- The Rottweiler Border Collie can grow up to 27 inches in height.
- The Border Collie Rottweiler mix may have the stubbornness of a Rottweiler and the sensitivity of the Border Collie, so you should train it early to be sociable.
- Keep it away from small children that might get endured because of this dog’s aggressive nature.
Australian Shepherd x Rottweiler Mix = Aussierottie
- The Australian Shepherd Rottweiler Mix is the result of a rare cross between the dominant and aggressive Australian Shepherd.
- There is not much information online about the Rottweiler Australian Shepherd mix breed. Thus, it is best to study its parent breeds.
- The aggressive parents naturally give birth to an equally aggressive Australian Shepherd Rottweiler mix.
- You should train the Australian Shepherd Rottweiler mix early before you let it get near very young children.
- It is also good not to leave your Australian Shepherd Rottweiler alone for a long time because they might destroy the furniture.
Hound x Rottweiler Mix = Rotthound
- The Hound Rottweiler Mix is hard to train because of its hound DNA, and it is strong and muscular because of the Rottweiler origin.
- The hound is stubborn and difficult to train, while the Rottweiler could be aggressive, so the mixed breed is a combination of such characteristics.
- Train your Hound Rottweiler mix early on so that it will not create problems with other dogs or with very young children.
- Take your Hound Rottweiler mix to the vet regularly so that it won’t have the diseases of its parent breeds such as hip dysplasia.
Dachshund x Rottweiler Mix = Rotthund
- The Dachshund Rottweiler mix is also called Rotthund or Rotten Weenie.
- The Rottweiler Dachshund mix is recognized by the Dog Registry of America Inc.
- The Dachshund Rottweiler mix has an independent nature just like its Dachshund parent, so train it well so that you can control its very active and mischievous behavior.
- The Dachshund Rottweiler mix likes to bark all the time, so you should train it well so that it can get along with people and other animals.
- The Dachshund Rottweiler mix breed has a size that is intermediate between its large, muscular Rottweiler parent and its short Dachshund parent.
Pug x Rottweiler Mix = Pugweiler
- The Pug Rottweiler Mix is a rare cross between the clown-like Pug and the large fiercely loyal Rottweiler.
- The Pug Rottweiler Mix is basically an aggressive dog because its Pug and Rottweiler parents would never get intimidated by any other dog that it finds threatening.
- The Pug Rottweiler mix tends to overeat, so ensure proper regulation of food. This is a quality that it might copy from its Pug parent.
- Train your Rottweiler Pug mix so that it does not grow up to be very aggressive and so that it won’t hurt very young children during play.
Cocker Spaniel x Rottweiler Mix = Cockweiler
- The Cocker Spaniel Rottweiler Mix will chase birds and other animals when it is outside, so be careful with it and try to put it on a leash if possible.
- The Cocker Spaniel Rottweiler Mix is a frequent barker just like its Cocker Spaniel parent, so you should train it well to reduce the unnecessary barking.
- The Cocker Spaniel Rottweiler Mix can be intelligent and happy to work with people.
- Just do not leave your dog alone for a long time because it might suffer from separation anxiety.
St. Bernard x Rottweiler Mix = Bernweiler
- The St. Bernard Rottweiler Mix is a dog that is massive and powerful just like its parent breeds.
- The St. Bernard Rottweiler Mix is also called Bernweiler or Saint Weiler.
- The Rottweiler St. Bernard Mix is recognized by the Dog Registry of America Inc., the International Designer Canine Registry, the American Canine Hybrid Club, and the Designer Dogs Kennel Club.
- Do not leave your St. Bernard Rottweiler Mix alone for a long time as it might become very destructive.
- This dog matures late mentally just like its St. Bernard parent, but it remains a fierce and loyal companion just like its Rottweiler parent.
American Bulldog x Rottweiler Mix = Bullweiler
- The American Bulldog Akita Mix is also called American Akita or Bullkita.
- The American Bulldog was once an extremely loyal family dog and a loving farm dog, while the Akita was extremely loyal to Japanese nobles in the feudal age. Thus, the Akita American Bulldog mix is a symbol of loyalty.
- The problem is that you need to train the American Bulldog Akita mix because both parent dogs are naturally aggressive and difficult to train especially for beginner owners.
- The American Bulldog Akita Mix needs moderate exercise because the American Bulldog parent could be laid-back.
Cane Corso x Rottweiler Mix = Rottcorso
- The Cane Corso Rottweiler mix is a hybrid dog that comes from the powerfully strong Cane Corso and the equally strong and muscular Rottweiler.
- The Cane Corso Rottweiler mix needs tough training because it can chase small moving objects with a disregard for the safety of very young children.
- Do not let the Cane Corso Rottweiler get near unfamiliar people when you have not trained it yet.
- The Rottweiler Cane Corso is a heavy shredder so be prepared to brush it a few times every week.
Shar Pei x Rottweiler Mix = Peiweiler
- The Shar Pei Rottweiler Mix is a rare but very interesting cross between the Chinese loyal hunter Shar Pei and the German fierce and loyal Rottweiler.
- The resulting Rottweiler Shar Pei mix is a dog that is dedicated to protecting its master and to keeping him and his family safe.
- Use a firm and tough approach when training your Shar Pei Rottweiler mix as it can be stubborn.
- Never let the dog get near children until it has been fully and properly trained.
Akita x Rottweiler Mix = Rottita
- The Akita Rottweiler mix is a large dog that comes from the most loyal dog in Japan and the most loyal dog in Germany.
- The Akita Rottweiler mix is a dog that you should keep indoors until it is properly trained, or it will chase objects and even unintentionally bump and injure very young children.
- The Akita Rottweiler mix is an aggressive dog because of its Akita parent, so you had better train it well in order to reduce its aggression.
- Make sure that your Rottweiler Akita mix is properly trained as it may have a reputation for being dangerous just like its Rottweiler parent breed.
Blue Heeler x Rottweiler Mix = Blueweiler
- The Blue Heeler Rottweiler mix is a rare cross between a dog that pulls carts for farmers – the Rottweiler – and one that watches the cattle – the Blue Heeler.
- There is not much information online about the Blue Heeler Rottweiler mix, so it is best to look more closely into the characteristics of both parents.
- The Blue Heeler Rottweiler mix is a medium-sized dog that has the aggressive temperament of the Rottweiler and the nipping and biting tendencies of the Blue Heeler. Train your dog well from the time it is still a puppy.
- The Blue Heeler Rottweiler can grow up to 20 inches tall and 50 pounds heavy.
English Bulldog x Rottweiler Mix = Englishweiler
- The English Bulldog Rottweiler mix is a cross between the strong but lazy English Bulldog and the diligent and equally strong Rottweiler.
- Get your English Bulldog Rottweiler mix from a reputable breeder so that you can ensure that it is free from genetic diseases.
- The English Bulldog Rottweiler mix tends to have the negative qualities of its English Bulldog parent such as difficulty in giving birth and a tendency to overeat.
- The Rottweiler English Bulldog mix tends to be labeled dangerous and strongly aggressive because of its Rottweiler DNA. Thus, you should train it well even when it is still a puppy.
Dalmatian x Rottweiler Mix = Rottmation
- The Dalmatian Rottweiler Mix tends to grow up into a very unmanageable adult if you have not trained it while it is young.
- The Dalmatian Rottweiler Mix has a tendency to be aggressive because of its fiercely loyal Rottweiler parent.
- Do not leave behind your Dalmatian Rottweiler mix breed for a long time because it can become very destructive to the furniture.
- The Rottweiler Dalmatian mix breed appears largely black in terms of coat color, but the signature spots of a Dalmatian are obviously present.
- Always get your Rottweiler Dalmatian from a reputable breeder so that you can have a guarantee that it is healthy.
Golden Retriever x Rottweiler Mix = Golden Rottie
- The Golden Retriever Rottweiler Mix is a great mix between two very popular and very loyal dogs. The intelligent and efficient Golden Retriever pairs up with the strong and loyal Rottweiler.
- The problem with the Golden Retriever Rottweiler is that it may have a reputation for being dangerous because of its Rottweiler DNA.
- The Rottweiler Golden Retriever mix can develop a mellow temperament just like its Golden Retriever parent if you can properly train it while it is still a puppy.
- Take your Rottweiler Golden Retriever mix to the vet regularly because both parent breeds suffer from hip dysplasia.
Great Pyrenees x Rottweiler Mix = Greatweiler
- The Great Pyrenees Rottweiler Mix is another strong and powerful dog because it combines the strength and massive muscular structure of both parent breeds.
- The Great Pyrenees Rottweiler Mix could be very active and aggressive. Thus, they need proper and adequate training before you should let them mix with people or other animals.
- Do not leave your Rottweiler Great Pyrenees Mix alone in the house for a long time because it might suffer from separation anxiety attacks.
- Always use a tough approach when training your Rottweiler Great Pyrenees mix breed as it tends to be a dominant dog.
Rhodesian Ridgeback x Rottweiler Mix =Rottweiler
- The Rhodesian Ridgeback Rottweiler Mix is a cross between the loyal and tough Rhodesian Ridgeback watchdog and the equally loyal farmer’s helper – the Rottweiler.
- The Rhodesian Ridgeback Rottweiler should live in an area with a high fence as it might display the natural tendency of the Rhodesian Ridgeback parent to escape.
- Never leave your Rottweiler Rhodesian Ridgeback alone for a long time, or it will destroy things in the house including the curtains and furniture.
- Although this mixed breed is already very loyal, it can still display unnecessary aggression, especially toward strangers. Thus, you should have it trained, and you should regulate its diet in order to maintain an ideal weight.
Bernese Mountain Dog x Rottweiler Mix = Berneseweiler
- The Bernese Mountain Dog Rottweiler Mix is a cross between the versatile and loyal Bernese Mountain Dog and the loyal, strong and muscular Rottweiler.
- The Bernese Mountain Dog Rottweiler Mix is not found on many websites on the Internet, so it would be wise to look at the qualities of the parent breeds.
- This dog has the usefulness, obedience, versatility, and sturdiness of the Bernese Mountain Dog parent but it can have the reputation of being dangerous because of its Rottweiler DNA.
- Take your Bernese Mountain Dog Rottweiler Mix to the vet regularly because the chances for elbow and hip dysplasia are common in both parent breeds.
Pitbull x Rottweiler Mix = Pitweiler
- The Pitbull Rottweiler Mix is a rare cross between the strong and loyal Rottweiler and the intelligent but domineering Pitbull.
- The Pitbull Rottweiler Mix may grow up to be an extremely aggressive dog because of the dangerous reputation of the Rottweiler and the equally aggressive nature of the Pitbull.
- Train your Rottweiler Pitbull Mix before you let it get near very young children.
- The Rottweiler Pitbull Mix may suffer from allergies so you should take it to the vet regularly for a general health checkup.
- Don’t let your Rottweiler Pitbull Mix get near other animals unless you have trained it well. Its natural aggression comes from its Pitbull parent.
French Bulldog x Rottweiler Mix = French Bullweiler
- The French Bulldog Rottweiler Mix is an interesting cross between the loving family companion French Bulldog and the equally loyal but aggressive Rottweiler.
- The French Bulldog Rottweiler Mix can be extra aggressive because of its fierce Rottweiler parent. Thus, it needs tough training before you can let very young children get near it.
- The French Bulldog Rottweiler Mix has a tendency to develop skin problems and hip dysplasia, which are common to both parents. Thus, you should take it to the vet once in a while.
- You need to use a tough and firm approach when training the Rottweiler French Bulldog Mix because the aggressive Rottweiler DNA may be strong enough.
Catahoula x Rottweiler Mix = Rotthoula
- The Catahoula Rottweiler Mix is a hybrid dog that comes from the Catahoula, a dog with a high prey drive, and the Rottweiler, a dog with a fierce and loyal nature. Thus, take care not to let the dog get near strangers or any fast-moving object that it might seize unless you have trained your dog.
- The Catahoula Rottweiler Mix is a dog that has loyalty and affection towards children and their families because of the loyal nature of both parent breeds.
- Take your Catahoula Rottweiler Mix to the vet regularly because both parent breeds have a propensity to hip and elbow dysplasia.
- Give your Rottweiler Catahoula enough time for exercise in order to keep its energy levels down at normal levels.
Shih Tzu x Rottweiler Mix = Shihweiler
- The Shih Tzu Rottweiler Mix tends to eat its poop right away so you should clean it up at once. This is a quality of its ShihTzu parent breed.
- The Shih Tzu Rottweiler may develop hip dysplasia because of the Rottweiler parent or susceptibility to heat stroke due to its Shih Tzu parent. Thus, you should take it to the vet often.
- The Rottweiler Shih Tzu Mix needs frequent brushing and combing because it shreds heavily just like its Shih Tzu parent.
- Train your Shih Tzu Rottweiler mixed breed well because it might bump and injure very young children or it might hurt strangers. It might take after its extremely aggressive Rottweiler parent.
Doberman x Rottweiler Mix = Rottman
- The Doberman Rottweiler Mix is the very definition of aggression because of its equally fierce and loyal parent breeds.
- The Doberman Rottweiler Mix needs adequate attention and should not be left alone for a long time. Also, it should participate in all family activities. Its Doberman DNA will make it want to be around people all the time.
- Get your Rottweiler Doberman Mix to the vet regularly because it might suffer from hip dysplasia or von Willebrand’s disease, which are both diseases of its parents.
Newfoundland x Rottweiler Mix = New Rottland
- The Newfoundland Rottweiler Mix is a rare cross between two very helpful and loyal dogs: the strong fisherman dog Newfoundland and the equally strong and muscular farmer’s dog Rottweiler.
- The rarity of the Newfoundland Rottweiler mixed breed makes it difficult for anyone to find information about it online, so it is best to look more closely into its parents’ qualities.
- The medium-sized Newfoundland and the large-sized Rottweiler resulted in a medium- to a large-sized hybrid dog that is prone to both hip dysplasia and cherry eye disease. Thus, you should have regular checkups for your Newfoundland Rottweiler mix.
- The Rottweiler DNA of your Newfoundland Rottweiler mix should prompt you to train your dog well before you let it get near very young children or other animals.
Rottweiler Mix Food Requirements
Rottweilers are strong and stout doggos, and they need lots of premium-quality food to be healthy. You can expect the same from their crossbred offspring. So you must make sure to only select the best dry dog food for them and avoid the additive-filled worst dry dog food.
We suggest you try these brands first as they seem to be all-time dog favorites:
- Wellness Core Dog Food if you want to be able to mix and match various recipes for your pooch and keep their meals interesting
- Dog For Dog Food if you would like to contribute to the dog community — every time you buy a bag, another one is donated to a dog in need
- Nutra Thrive dog food supplement if you want to cover all your bases and add extra nutritional support to your mighty Rott mix
If you adopt a pupper, the best puppy food brands will help you wean them from their mother’s milk. In case you rescue an older dog from the shelter, these are the best senior dry dog food welcome-home kibbles!
Since Rottwelers are mixed with many different breeds, you may want to try your luck and select the food according to the size of your hybrid — the best dry dog food for small dogs and the best large breed dry dog food are all tailored to meet the needs of these different breeds.
- Bresciani, Francesca, et al. “Dermatomyositis-like Disease in a Rottweiler.” Veterinary Dermatology, vol. 25, no. 3, 2014, doi:10.1111/vde.12128.
- Beauchamp, Richard G. Rottweilers for Dummies. Wiley Publishing, 2004.